What to do in Takapuna
While staying with us in Takapuna why not enjoy...
- A night out to see a show at Bruce Mason Centre or at The PumpHouse Theatre
- Hiring a stand up board, kayak, windsurf or yacht at Takapuna Boating Club and paddle or sail off Takapuna Beach
- Taking a boat out into the harbour, catching a fish, then cooking it on one of the public BBQs on Takapuna Beach
- Walking along the beachside between Takapuna and Milford alongside the unique fossilized forest (a result of volcanic activity many years ago), with magnificent views out over the harbour to the many islands in the Gulf. There are also some of New Zealands finest homes located along this coastline
- Visiting The Department Store – recently voted by Conde Naste UK Travellers guide as one of the 7 retail wonders of the World and also be Monocle magazine as the best new retail store in the World in 2010
- Shopping at Shore City, Annah Stretton, Life for Men or any of the many retails you can find on Hurstmere Road
- Dining at Thyme Restaurant, The Commons, Massimo, GPK, Aubergine or one of the numerous restaurants Takapuna has to offer
- Taking the kids to a movie at Berkeley Cinema or playing tenpin bowling
- Visiting Lake Pupuke - Auckland’s only Lake and situated approximately 500m from the sea
- Buying an ice cream from the Takapuna Beach Café and walking along Takapuna Beach
- Visiting The Takapuna Strip – 500m of entertainment including bars, cafes, restaurants, the theatre and a cinema.
- Other places of interest are historic Devonport – a Naval town situated across the Harbour from the CBD and Waiheke Island (beautiful beaches, vineyards and some eclectic arts and crafts)
For assistance with booking activities in Takapuna please just ask our Reception team.